BLUE GRASS ENERGY SCHOLARSHIPSBlue Grass Energy annually awards ten $1,500 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who live within our service area. These scholarships will be awarded based on a random drawing on June 1.
Eligible applicants are graduating high school seniors with plans to attend an accredited college, university or trade school, and living with a parent or guardian who is a Blue Grass Energy member🦂. Members of the immediate families of employees, directors and people receiving benefits from Blue Grass Energy are ineligible.
- Students are asked to apply for the scholarship using the online form by noon on May 30.
- Blue Grass Energy scholarships are one-time awards and will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
- Students must show proof of full-time enrollment at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school.
(THE "YOUTH TOUR ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP")
The Glenn English National Cooperative Leadership Foundation encourages educational advancement by awarding high education scholarships to eligible students.
The Glenn English National Cooperative Leadership Foundation has awarded almost $100,000 in scholarships to NRECA’s Youth Tour alumni since the program’s inception in 2014. These are awarded in one $10,000 scholarship and four $1,000 scholarships annually.
Since its inception, the Glenn English National Cooperative Leadership Foundation Scholarship Committee has awarded over $10,000 in scholarships – in $2,000 increments – to individuals pursuing a career in engineering.
They hope to support future engineers with an interest and passion for defining and solving the electric utility challenges of the future, specifically in the rural parts of America.
The Kentucky Chapter of Women in Rural Electrification (WIRE) is offering scholarships to Kentucky college students.
The scholarships are open to any applicant who meets the following criteria:
- Student or Student’s family must be served by a Kentucky Rural Electric Cooperative.
- Student must have completed at least 60 credit hours at the end of the fall college term.
- Student must attend a Kentucky college or university
Scholarships will be awards based on academic achievements, extracurricular activities, career goals, recommendations from professors and community leaders, and financial need.
to the 2023 application. The deadline to apply is June 6, 2023.